online now

We have 108 guests and no members online

search

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Netduino Plus Support?

Netduino Plus Support? 5 years 10 months ago #217

I'm a "retired" IT project manager and I've worked on lots of stuff (wrote my first assembler program in Feb. 1964 for IBM 1620). Now I want to do some Iot stuff for myself and I seem to have jumped into the deep end of the pool.

I took delivery of a Netduino Plus Monday and I worked through Pfister's example code and I'm now sending data to Cosm...and it's all still magic to me.

I want to add sound and voice to my project so I now have a GinSing v1.2. To put it simply, I don't even know how to hook the two boards together...just plug it in?

Also, I see that your code is C++ and my current IDE is Visual C# Express. I obviously need help. I looked for videos that would help but came up empty. Any suggestions on where I should start?

I feel like such a dinosaur...
Last Edit: 5 years 7 months ago by administrator.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Netduino Plus Support? 5 years 10 months ago #219

Hi fredStone.

Yes, you can simply insert the GinSing board on top of the Netduino. The headers are such that they can only go in one way, but for reference the audio jack on the GinSing shield will face away from the USB connection.

The library code that exists for GinSing is written for the Arduino IDE, and has not been tried on C# express, so I am not sure how much success you may have on porting to the code; perhaps others may be able to chime in on that. Given the level of c++ syntax in the library, however, I would expect it to be highly compatible with C# as C# is normally compatible with basic c++ functions. I would suggest you first pull the source code into your C# project and then post what issues you have during compliation; I don't think it would be much work to make some basic changes to get it working.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.146 seconds