We have 128 guests and no members online

search

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Ginsing v4 problems / mac

Ginsing v4 problems / mac 5 years 8 months ago #216

hi,

when i try to install GinSing MacOSX V4.0 on my system (OSX 10.7.4, Macbook Pro mid 2009), the installer tells me
The installation failed
nothing more specific but the additional suggestion to ask the software manufacturer.

any idea, what it could be? anyone else had and solved this problem?

thx in advance,
N
Last Edit: 5 years 5 months ago by administrator.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: administrator

Re: Ginsing v4 problems / mac 5 years 8 months ago #222

We have updated the V4.0 software distribution now for OSX Lion. In the downloads section, there is a distribution for 10.5-10.7 OSX operating systems, and a new one for 10.8 OSX Lion. When you get a chance, please try downloading the latter to see if this fixes your problem.

This latest distribution also includes the programming guide and reference manual to save you from downloading it separately. If all goes well, you should see a GinSing V4.0 folder appear on your desktop that contains the software.

Note: Due to the OSX Lion Gatekeeper functionality, you will need to open the installer using right (or ctrl) click and and select "Open".

Thanks again for your help in sorting this out.
Last Edit: 5 years 8 months ago by administrator.

Re: Ginsing v4 problems / mac 5 years 6 months ago #259

Hello
I have the same problem under Lion
the installer fail to install the V4.0 software
I did try the right click trick but it doesn't work
I had to create a user called "flashular" plus it's Dekstop folder to have the file extracted

hope this helps

Re: Ginsing v4 problems / mac 5 years 6 months ago #261

Thanks for your help in diagnosing this problem - up until now we have not been able to replicate the problem, but with this clue we should be able to nail down a solution.

This also suggests a workaround, which is to create a "flashular" user account on your machine and use that to install (for all users). Thanks again for your help - we should have a fix out shortly.

Re: Ginsing v4 problems / mac 5 years 5 months ago #294

After some considerable fiddling around, we have decided to minimize the problems with the OSX installer and use a simple installation script that you run from the install folder. The new version ( V4.1 ) is now available in the downloads section and contains a bug fix for the writeRegister() function that was found earlier this week.

If you download this new version please look at the installation instructions for details. Thank you for finding this problem - hopefully we won't have this issue again.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.372 seconds