We have 152 guests and no members online

search

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Cannot open GSTweak.jar

Cannot open GSTweak.jar 5 years 6 days ago #319

Hi,

I want to work with the tweaker program, but I can't get it to open. I'm on a PC with windows 7 x64. I downloaded the latest version of JRE7, and in explorer it opens the .jar file with Java SE Platform Binary by default, but nothing happens. I tried it with command prompt, and got this result: dl.dropbox.com/u/8114735/cmd.png
Anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks,
Steven
Attachments:
Last Edit: 4 years 11 months ago by administrator.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Cannot open GSTweak.jar 5 years 5 days ago #320

Hi Steven. The RxTxSerial.dll is used to control the serial communications between the Java program and the serial port. The installation script should have detected your OS and copied the dll for the 32 bit OS, but it seems to have used the 64 bit one.

If you look in the distribution under GSTweakerV1.0 directory you should see a 34bit and 64bit directory. You should be able to simply copy the 32bit/rxtxSerial.dll up one direcoty where the GSTweak.jar file is located and hopefully that will fix it.
Last Edit: 5 years 5 days ago by administrator.

Re: Cannot open GSTweak.jar 5 years 4 days ago #321

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, that did not seem to be the problem. The dll file in the folder was already the x64 one; I tried replacing it anyway, but no change. I have also tried to reinstall JRE, but same result. Maybe an older version of JRE could work better?
Or do you have any other suggestions?

Re: Cannot open GSTweak.jar 5 years 4 days ago #322

It looks like your PC is a 32 bit IA machine according to the error message, but it is trying to load the 46 bit DLL and failing. I think you need to copy the one from the 32bit directory. If that fails, could you send the error you receive then?

Re: Cannot open GSTweak.jar 5 years 4 days ago #323

Whad'ya know, that actually did the trick! Strange, because I am really running x64!
Thanks!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.237 seconds