online now

We have 60 guests and no members online

search

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Commercial Projects.

Commercial Projects. 4 years 9 months ago #358

I've been reading up on the arduino platform and the babblebot IC. I'm planning to develop several devices based on the babblebot / ginsing hardware. I was wondering if it was possible to sell any devices I build or would that be breaching the licensing agreements of the software libraries you have created? I'm a long way off but I thought I should know the legal position before I make a start!
Last Edit: 4 years 9 months ago by administrator.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Commercial Projects. 4 years 9 months ago #359

I satronic, thanks for asking in advance; it shows you've given the issue due consideration. Under the by-nc-sa license we can issue you a waiver for commercial use; we would simply ask for a product description (under any NDA you prefer). Our concern is not related to the use or resale of the product - we are only concerned on duplication or modification of the hardware or use of the software with out the associated hardware. So basically if you want to sell a product that uses the GinSing software/hardware combination we can certainly issue you a waiver; but we would enforce restrictions on the use of one without the other.

Feel free to let us know if we can clarify this situation for you; I'm sure we can make it work for you without causing you much grief.
The following user(s) said Thank You: satronic

Re: Commercial Projects. 4 years 9 months ago #360

Thanks for the fast reply and thank you for understanding my intentions are all above board! My plan is to explore the babblebot capabilities in a midi controlled environment as a hardware device using the analogue inputs or the arduino as parameter controls to interact with it in realtime. I thought that this would result in my own circuit board rather than the arduino shield combination. If I've understood your answer correctly I would be breaking the agreement by using a circuit board that combined the arduino circuit and your circuit? I fully accept that this may well be the case so if I have to use the ginsing shield to make use of a possible waiver I'll build this into my plans. If I have misunderstood the situation please feel free to give me a playful slap across the face!

Re: Commercial Projects. 4 years 9 months ago #365

Thanks for your response, satronic. We have given this some thought and we're fine with your creating your own board and using the GinSing software, as long as you keep the original credits in place on the source code if you redistribute it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: satronic
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds