online now

We have 154 guests and no members online

search

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Not getting anything out of the Ginsing shield

Not getting anything out of the Ginsing shield 4 years 4 months ago #368

I'm having trouble getting the Ginsing Shield to work with my Arduino Uno.

-The example code that I tried with the ginsing Shield did nothing(I had no issue uploading the examples to the Arduino Uno)
-The LED flash when I first plug into my computer and then led stayed off.
-the sound that comes out of the headphones is a buzzing sound.
-I soldered the components to board
-using the 2,3,4 pins
-but after I switched the jumpers to 12,11,10 (i also changed the code to pins 12,11,10 ) it worked.
-babblebot is getting power 5V
How come the default code and default pin jumper position doesn't do any thing?(4,3,2)
Thank you in advance
Last Edit: 4 years 3 months ago by administrator.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Not getting anything out of the Ginsing shield 4 years 4 months ago #369

Hi Hovic, I am sorry you are having trouble. The example code on pins 2,3,4 should work OK; I would suspect that maybe the header pins maybe missing solder or shorted out since they seem to work at 10,11,12 the jumpers must be wired correctly. It could also be that your Uno has a problem on pins 2,3,4 or another shield may be interfering on those pins if you are using another shield.

When you say it works on 12,11,10 do you mean you can hear sound properly and that the LED lights up with the code? This would indicate that the Babblebot IC is working properly and the problem is in the audio output, but I would like to confirm that the Babblebot IC is working properly first.

From the first comment you say you heard a buzzing sound, but that should not happen at all; that may be caused by something related to the amplifier IC or output connection. We can test this if you can verify that the Babblebot IC is working properly.

In the end we will get it to work; just keep reporting what you are discovering and we should be able to isolate the problem quickly.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds