login

online now

We have 80 guests and no members online

search

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: how can I get more audio output power?

how can I get more audio output power? 6 years 8 months ago #71

The NJM396 low power audio IC used on the GinSing can generate enough output power for most audio applications that involve desktop or mobile use when using the Arduino 5V power supply ( i.e. USB ). However, you can boost the power easily if you wish.

This IC is limited on output power when running on the Arduino internal voltage regulator because the voltage swing on the output cannot exceed a 3 volt range. Using the equation P = V2/R, with an 8 ohm speaker, the maximum theoretical output is about 1 watt, but in reality, its closer to 700 mW.

To boost the output power, you can use the external power jack on the Arduino. The voltage supplied on this connector is wired to the audio IC on the GinSing through a protection diode. You can provide up to 18 volts on this connector, although 12 volts is the recommended limit via the Arduino specification. When running at 12 volts, the output voltage swing on the audio IC can reach its full potential, and you can get full power dissipation on the chip. This also reduces distortion.
Last Edit: 5 years 8 months ago by administrator.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds