We have 96 guests and no members online

search

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: compatibility with Arduino Mega

compatibility with Arduino Mega 5 years 6 months ago #262

Will the shield fit a megaduino?
Last Edit: 5 years 5 months ago by administrator.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: administrator

Re: compatibility 5 years 6 months ago #263

Good question - many have asked, but I have not yet confirmed that it will work.

However, I do suspect it will work fine, given the pin-for-pin header compatibility between the shield and the board. On the Mega, the serial pins 2|3|4 and 10|11|12 are in the same place, as is the power and ground connection. The only pins that are used by the GinSing shield are these pins, so it should fit the hardware just fine. One caveat - the board overhang is small, but you might either loose a couple of header slots on either side of the board - you could also trim the board since there no wiring extends beyond the headers.

On the software side, the GinSing library uses SoftSerial, which will support all the digital pins on the Mega, and the mapping is the same so I don't foresee any problems with the stock source code.

If anyone in the forum has some experience, we'd appreciate your input. If we don't hear any news within a few days we can hop down to Radio Shack and test it ourselves.

Mostaguen - is this the board you are asking about?

Arduino Mega at RadioShack

Re: compatibility 5 years 6 months ago #264

Yes rev 3 thats the one. I am asking because i had a midi shield that did not fitted. I can always get the unasembled one and use wires instead of headers...

Re: compatibility 5 years 6 months ago #265

Very interesting. Can you tell me what issues you had with the MIDI shield? That might help make a determination in advance on this one...

Re: compatibility with Arduino Mega 5 years 6 months ago #266

I can't really tell you because I took it appart and used it on a breadboard but basically the headers where not alligned. Here is the shield : www.sparkfun.com/products/9598

Re: compatibility with Arduino Mega 5 years 5 months ago #290

GTfan reports that is compatible with the Mega as per this post:

GTFan post
Last Edit: 5 years 5 months ago by administrator.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds