online now

We have 137 guests and no members online

search

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: GinSing and voice recognition?

GinSing and voice recognition? 4 years 4 months ago #432

Is it possible to use the EasyVR V2.0 shield or the Elechouse voice recognition module and the Ginsing shield on the same Uno or Mega2560?
I have the Elechouse voice recognition module and would like to upgrade to the EasyVR v2.0 shield.
Are there known conflicts?
Like to have bi-directional communication for a project, just ordered the GinSing shield.

Thanks
Last Edit: 4 years 3 months ago by administrator.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: GinSing and voice recognition? 4 years 4 months ago #433

Hi Elac, it sounds like an interesting project. It probably will come down to the use of the serial ports; GinSing uses the SoftSerial library to communicate with the Arduino on the pin settings, so you should check that against what the EasyVR uses - if it uses the hardware serial interface I would not expect a problem unless the pin assignments overlap. The pin assignments on the GinSing are 2(or 10), 3(or 11), 4(or 12), and these are as per a an Uno mapping. You would have to adjust the software pins to match those on a Mega given its mating locations.

Re: GinSing and voice recognition? 4 years 3 months ago #436

OK, sounds good as either module can communicate through hardware OR software serial.
Received and assembled my board yesterday, it works great. B)
Tried it using a PIR trigger as the condition to speak, then sound an alarm.
Will try it with the Elechouse voice recognition module this weekend, and the EasyVR v2.0 module when it arrives.

Re: GinSing and voice recognition? 4 years 3 months ago #437

Great start - I look forward to finding out more about your project.

Re: GinSing and voice recognition? 4 years 3 months ago #438

It is an 8-bit AI system...of sorts.
Now he has a voice, for which he can tell the world of his realization of self and the awesome feeling of electrons pulsing through his voltage regulator. And how the first time he saw the sun it blinded his luminosity sensors, yet through his thermistor he could sense the warmth of it's rays. And how the photons beating on his solar cell made his electrons pulse rapidly....OH yes he has an epic tale to share. :silly:

Been reading through the manual and trying stuff out to get the feel of using phonemes to create a voice with character. As the most important part of an AI experience is not so much the in the intelligence, but how convincingly human it behaves. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: administrator

Re: GinSing and voice recognition? 4 years 3 months ago #439

Speaking of expressive voice, you might find my current project interesting:

Babbletron

Re: GinSing and voice recognition? 4 years 3 months ago #440

That looks to be quite a handy tool, has this been released?

Re: GinSing and voice recognition? 4 years 3 months ago #441

I will attempt a beta release this weekend. I will most likely just be a java file that you will drop into your existing Tweaker directory. I will make another post here when I have something available.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Elac

Re: GinSing and voice recognition? 4 years 3 months ago #456

Received the EasyVR voice recognition shield.
Works great with GinSing :woohoo:
Now we can chat by the fire, my one sided conversations were getting boring.
Geno, although a great listener, talked only when he wanted to and usually it had nothing to do with what the conversation was about.
Now maybe he will be more polite, and keep to what is being discussed.
He also has grown a bit in the last few weeks and is now the size of a MEGA2560.

Not be a bother.....but....any progress on that tool. :whistle:

Re: GinSing and voice recognition? 4 years 3 months ago #457

Send me a pic and some text - sounds like a great feature story on the front page!

Re: GinSing and voice recognition? 4 years 3 months ago #458

Ok, will do, including a vid when enough progress has been made.

For now here's a little info on this creation.
Geno will utilize 2x MEGA2560 boards and 2x EasyVR voice recognition modules.
The MEGAs are need for the extra memory, I/O pins and serial ports.
And as of now he uses 1 speech shield which is GinSing.
Each setup will handle the functions of one side of the brain logic/creativity (as best 8-bit can).
Each EasyVR module can be programmed with 28 user dependent commands.
One will be loaded with logic commands like "what time is it?" "what's the temp?" "turn light on".
And the other will be loaded with creative commands like "sing a song" "tell a joke" and such.
Also using the EEPROM to store data such as which person is using Geno, has Geno met you before, if it was warmer or cooler the day before and other memories/data that Geno gains through sensors and human interaction.

Right now I'm working on the right side, will start on the left when the second EasyVR shield arrives. Then if possible learn how to get both sides to interact with each other, hopefully through serial communication as the MEGA2560s still have a few free ports after the shields needs.
It has been quite a fun project so far and things are coming together nicely.
The GinSing shield is great to work with.

One thing that would be really helpful (besides that tool your working on :whistle: )
would be the ability to program the GSAllophone words using PROGMEM, even using the MEGAs their quickly eating up the SRAM.

Any suggestions on how to go about doing that?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.485 seconds