online now

We have 56 guests and no members online

search

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Volume control

Volume control 6 years 4 months ago #32

I was wondering what options there were in the way of volume control. I see the little wheel, but for my project, this will all be encapsulated in an enclosure, so there will be no physical access to this.

Is there any software control over volume?

Or perhaps terminals to hook up my own potentiometer to control the volume?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Volume control 6 years 4 months ago #39

Yes, and yes.

First, you can control the output volume in software. Since its all handled digitally internally this actually works out pretty well. Of course, to get the best signal to noise ration ( S/N ) it would be better to replace the trimpot with your own potentiometer.

If you have the kit, you can simply choose to not mount the trimpot, and use the three solder points for your own 10K potentiometer that you might mount on your box. Either solution is probably acceptable, although using your own pot might result in the possibility of more distortion since the circuit is designed to deliberately over signal the LM386 to allow for more output on the stereo jack.

Re: Volume control 6 years 4 months ago #41

Got ya, I'm going to have a touch screen, so I'd like to avoid physical controls all together, so very good to hear I can control it in software, that's probably the route I will go. Thanks!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds