online now

We have 97 guests and no members online

search

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: aRDui5X sings "Daisy Bot."

aRDui5X sings "Daisy Bot." 5 years 10 months ago #155

aRDui5X is my 60% scale model of the classic RB5X robot which has been made since I was a teenager and which is still available from rbrobotics.com in San Diego, CA. This machine can do just about everything the original could (with the exception of climbing over a rug hem more than 3/8" thick) and was made as a tribute to one of the great steps taken towards domestic automation and the most engaging teaching tool ever created for getting youth interested in computer programming and engineering.

The Boebots and Lego NXT that school children currently see are cool, but imagine the impact if you're introduced to the science with an RB5x, Topo or Hero 1.

It's probably safe to assume that everyone looking at this website is familiar with how "Daisy Bell" is kind of the "Hello, World!" of speech synthesis.

The hardware is an Arduino Mega 1280 with the "Banana" flavored GinSing, an Arduino Rev 3 Motor Shield, an HC-SR04 ultrasonic ranger, two solarbotics GM-17 motors and a LiPo battery on a custom charging circuit.

Total construction cost (not including shipping or parts purchased for but not used on unit) under $185.
Last Edit: 5 years 2 months ago by administrator.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: administrator
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.147 seconds