online now

We have 177 guests and no members online

search

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: ordering the GinSing V1.2 parts kit

ordering the GinSing V1.2 parts kit 2 years 2 months ago #827

I really need to order one of the GinSing V1.2 kits soon for a project in one of my college courses, how soon till there will be more inventory?
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: administrator

Re: ordering the GinSing V1.2 parts kit 2 years 2 months ago #829

Thanks for checking in. We have been in contact with our chip supplier, and we hope to have some good news within the next 20 days - but we can't make any guarantees. I'm not sure if that will make your project deadline, but right now that's the best information I can provide. I apologize for the uncertainly at this time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bob152637485

Re: ordering the GinSing V1.2 parts kit 2 years 1 month ago #835

Does this apply the the plain old babblebot ic as well? if not, then what I suggest Djr2344 is to download the eagle files and parts list, then buy up the babblebot ic with all the other parts, and send the eagle files(or converted gerber files)to a pcb manufacturer(I like oshpark.com, very inexpensive). You will then have the equivalent of the assembly kit, with just a little different color for the board. It's a little more expensive than the kit itself(especially if you don't have many of the parts on hand already), but it could be faster than waiting for the kit to come back in stock at this rate. I'm in the same boat, only rather than school, I would like to incorporate GinSing into a proposal. I plan to buy whichever comes in stock first. If the IC is in stock first, I could arrange to give you a blank pcb, as I have to order 3 minimum and only need 1. It definitely stinks though, with how popular it is, that the availability is so scarce.
Last Edit: 2 years 1 month ago by bob152637485. Reason: typo

Re: ordering the GinSing V1.2 parts kit 2 years 1 month ago #836

bob152637485 wrote:
I'm in the same boat, only rather than school, I would like to incorporate GinSing into a proposal.

I love this girl a lot, so if this earns me sympathy points and get's me a free board or faster availability, then that's cool too :D

Re: ordering the GinSing V1.2 parts kit 2 years 1 month ago #837

I believe we are all in the same boat here. The Babblebot IC is the component that is holding up our delivery of GinSing boards, so if you can find a supplier immediately please let us know and we'll save you the trouble of fabricating your own boards. :blink:

That being said, we do provide the board, schematics, and source code to encourage anyone interested to pursue this route. Our goal is to provide this capability to the maker community any way possible.

Re: ordering the GinSing V1.2 parts kit 2 years 1 month ago #838

ended up just using a Fluxamasynth, calling the functions was really straight forward so that solved my problem, i used it in making a frame-less laser harp.

Re: ordering the GinSing V1.2 parts kit 2 years 1 month ago #839

check out the fluxamasynth from modern device, the function calls are also high level so there isnt a huge difference in how to use it from the ginsing

Re: ordering the GinSing V1.2 parts kit 2 years 1 month ago #840

I've never heard of this before. Would you mind sharing a link and sharing more about it? Is it another voice synthesizer?

Re: ordering the GinSing V1.2 parts kit 2 years 4 weeks ago #841

I did check it out. It has promise, but I think for my own needs, I would rather use GinSing. If anyone would be willing to sell, I would gladly buy a board from someone for more than they bought it for!

Re: ordering the GinSing V1.2 parts kit 2 years 2 weeks ago #843

So, is there any word back yet, administrator? I know you said after 20 days there would be a chance you had a time estimate.

Re: ordering the GinSing V1.2 parts kit 2 years 2 weeks ago #844

Also, if you would be willing to provide the circuit diagram for the Babblebot IC itself, I would be able to possibly seek out a private/small IC manufacturer for the time being.

Re: ordering the GinSing V1.2 parts kit 2 years 2 weeks ago #845

Lets talk a bit offline. I sent you an email.

ordering the GinSing V1.2 parts kit 2 years 1 week ago #848

I just saw babblebot's babbleshield page. It says that they just reached an agreement with you guys and will be providing you with ICs.

Assuming that's true, do you have a new estimate for when you will be able to ship kits? Also, do you you plan to sell assembled shields again?

Thanks!

ordering the GinSing V1.2 parts kit 2 years 1 week ago #849

That is a very old page. It is true, but there is no estimate yet(and there will not be for some time). While only the administrator can answer whether or not they plan to sell assembled kits, I would say that you are better off paying less and soldering it yourself anyways. It's a simple board, so not only would it be good practice, you would save a decent amount of money by spending 15-20 minutes extra of your time assembling the board.

If you don't own soldering stuff, then you can probably find a cheap single temperature soldering iron for $10 or less, with the solder itself probably a buck. May end up costing you the same initially, but everyone in electronics should have a soldering iron, because you will save loads of time and money in the future.

ordering the GinSing V1.2 parts kit 1 year 10 months ago #851

Thanks to everyone who has waited so patiently for so long. We were able to get in contact with our supplier and we hope to have a shipment within the next few weeks. We will be sending out an email to all who have requested to be on the waiting list as soon as we've got them ready to go.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds